Search US flooring companies below:
To order free cork samples click here.
Go Green with Residential and Commercial Cork Flooring!
This video should resolve any questions
about the durability of cork
Check It Out
Cork Flooring in General
The harvesting practices are sustainable, for one thing. A tree must be at least 25 years old before its bark can be harvested; after that, cork can be harvested every eight to 14 years without killing the tree. Cork trees can live up to 800 years, but the typical life span is 150 to 200 years.
- Cork is natural and processing does not cause change it
- Cork is resistant to fires
- It contains no toxic gases
- Cork floors provide great a sound barrier
- Cork floor tiles are extremely durable
- Cork resists the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria, and bugs don’t like it
- A cork floor will insulate against the heat and cold
- Cork flooring provides a comfortable cushioned surface for which to walk
- Cork floors are long lasting life span
- Cork has anti-static properties, so it does not attract dust particles
Residential Cork Flooring
Cork is Green and sustainable. Cork is actually the bark of the cork oak tree. Because of climate conditions, the best trees grow in Portugal. Cork floors are rapidly gaining popularity in the US because it is so durable, beautiful and because of its green properties.
Cork flooring is perfect for the residence because of the following:
- Healthy – Cork is naturally resistant to mold, mildew and termites, and does not negatively affect the quality of indoor air
- Safe – Cork melts only at very high temperatures, if it burns it generates less smoke and toxic gasses than vinyl
- Insulator – Cork is a natural thermal and acoustic insulator makes rooms warmer and quieter
- Aesthetics – Cork is elegant and beautiful
- Comfort – Acts as a cushion to the feet when walked on
- Eco-Friendly – Cork has no negative impact on the environment
- Long lasting – Cork penetrates the entire plank or tile so it wears longer without noticeable affect
- Noise suppressor – Cork floor tiles provide an effective sound barrier